More PSM Drama. EBR belly pan deemed non-compliant.

More PSM Drama. EBR belly pan deemed non-compliant.

Comments

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

NHRA's message to Matt - Quit your whining.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

It is odd that this component has been in use, and seemingly approved, (it was submitted for approval) but all of the sudden is as of July 21st is singled out as illegal a week before the bike shootout at Sonoma.

That does not give them any time to really work on another pan before Sonoma, as they are away from the shop on the western swing. Just not as easy as adding or taking away some weight like the normal mid year parity adjustments.

Yeah, there is some whining going on, but at least with Matt, it comes from him and not his bikes manufacturer, like what may be happening with another manufacturer/race team...😉

edited July 26

The more the screw with Matt... the more I like him!

Hammer out and bondo the dimples and go kick their A$$E$!!!!

edited July 26

He has a good case for a lawsuit.... but that would;d mean giving up his NHRA racing career. The NHRA rule book has a "covenant not to sue" clause. I believe it once said they could sue or fine any member $250K that filed a suit against them.

3. HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the promoters, participants, racing associations, sanctioning organizations or any

affiliated entities thereof, track operators, track owners, officials, vehicle owners, builders and designers, drivers, crews, rescue personnel, and persons in any

RESTRICTED AREA, promoters, sponsors, equipment and parts manufacturers and suppliers, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct

the EVENT(S), premises and event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters/brokers, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or

engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities, regarding the premises or EVENT(S) and for each of them, their directors, officers, agents, and employees,

(the “RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY TO ME, to the minor, and to my children, wards, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, FOR ANY

AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN

DEATH ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF ANY RELEASEE(S) OR OTHERWISE.

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

This latest crap further cements the fact that PSM is a rigged deal. HD cant compete with OTHER bikes on a pound for pound, same displacement so they stack the rules in their favor. PSM and PS are dead dead. Like I have said in the past on this subject is, while all this rule rigging is going on, they give the impression that actual fair competition is taking place. NHRA taking the money and running......

• DynoGrumpDynoGrump Senior Member

i'd like to see matt chuck the bike operation and pursue the pro stock car class he was talking about earlier this year with elite. it'l be more expensive but at least its a class where the rules are the same for everybody ! plus if he did move to pro stock car i gotta believe his dad would be an invaluable source of information!

• RacerRoyRacerRoy Senior Member

The disagreement between Matt Smith and Steve Johnson will not have a good outcome for either team...

• Racn1320Racn1320 Senior Member

To bad steve johnson wasnt at sonoma to comment . Darn hobby racers

• RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

They clearly thought there would be an advantage or they would not have bothered making dimples in the first place.

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

Golf balls have dimples for a reason.. 😎

Reminds me of Garlits with the staggered front wheels for more rollout. It's a thinking man's game.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.