Shutdown for TAD/TAFC

Shutdown for TAD/TAFC

racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

Is there a written or unwritten rule for how long a shutdown area needs to be for these classes?

Just realized that the LODRS race that is 10 min from my house won’t have TAD or TAFC. I know they used to, curious as to why and the only thing I can think of is shutdown length. Unless something has changed in how these races are run.

Comments

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

If the track owners can make money promoting a LODRS race, they will continue to do so as long as it fits their schedule and keeps making money.

If it consistently loses money, only a deep pocket, LODRS loving track owner would keep doing it. If the track owner doesn't have super deep pockets and it isn't a sure thing to make money, why would he/she keep gambling on losing their track?

I doubt length had anything to do with it although I've seen it given as a reason why a track quits holding one. I believe it was a reason given that Orlando Speedworld quit holding them a couple decades or so ago. Now the track isn't one foot longer and they are holding them again.

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

I should have clarified, they have the event. It’s in a couple weeks.

They just won’t be running TAD and TAFC. An extra note is that TD and TS will be run on the 1/8 mile.

• Gen. DisarrayGen. Disarray Senior Member

Deceiving headline , I thought shutdown was like pulling the plug on alcohol . Weak car counts , uncompetitive early rounds , no sponsors and no fan interest , that's alcohol ( sounds like PS ) . Its like club racing , no team goes into nitro from there anymore . Half the alcohol cars in the country are running used up , patched up junk . Sorry someone's gotta tell the truth .

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

What track is it?

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

Cecil County Dragway

Their website states it’s a 1/2 mile shutdown.

• GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member

The problem at Cecil is the downhill shutdown area. Worked and raced there from '66 to '77.

• What do you run Mr. disarray That is a degrading statement you made here. MIKE KOSKY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.