Jim Dunn Racing Unveils New Oberto Logo

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Love the Oberto family and their continued support all these years in our area!

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Too bad his deals couldn’t have led to diecast cars with all the different ones big Jim has had

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

They may possibly have the best sponsor headhunter(s) in the business.

I would rather be on Big Jim's team and go drag racing for 35+ years straight than be on a big flashy team and be around for 5, then having to look for a job.

Lol, I would rather be competitive than not too.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited August 3

Agree with you Slug!! I took video of their warm up and I'm watching Big Jim firing up a race car in his 80's! Its a testament to the fact that if willing you can continue to learn and be a part of something great all your life! Its awe-inspiring. Longevity in this sport is the feat of the Gods truly.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

I once thought as you do. Talking to a TRW/Valvoline/Tenneco crew guy, changing tires in a Miami garage, changed my mind.

Big Jim wins both ways. When the money is there, he can win like you (and me) would want. When the money is not there to be competitive, unlike DSR's flagship car, he is still drag racin'

Capps or beckman?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.