Congrats to Force

Congrats to Force

HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
edited August 5 in NHRA

Congreats to John and crew for getting that illusive 150th. We all knew it was never a matter of IF but when.

Never been crazy about his personality, but I've always respected the man for having built his empire on racing alone... not "just" racing as a side gig like Schumacher, Kalitta and others.

ยซ1

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited August 5

I liked when he flopped over that fence and on to the ground to get into the crowd, LOL, now that's classic John Force.

(At 3:00) LOL

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

Ya gotta feel for Ron Capps. Loses in the final round to a guy with an associate sponsor that is a NAPA competitor. He then has to congratulate Force during a classic Force TV tirade and then gets kissed on the lips by the 70 year old guy on national TV.

Force's kiss made up for being pranked on TV by Capps in Sonoma last week. Capps probably wished he lost in the first round...

• Glad to see John win 150 and Austin Win #1. I am sure Austin feels some relief as well as John. There is no other John Force. He lets it fly from the heart unfiltered and that is why people love him or hate him, but you have to respect him for doing it his way. I thought it was very cool that he mentioned both Coil & Fedderly as well as others. Glad to hear he and Coil are talking.

As for the Kalitta and Schumacher comment. The "side business(es)" is what has enabled them to fund so many car along with the generous sponsors. When Schumacher had 8 teams traveling he had 28 18 wheelers traveling the circuit. Two had issues on the way to Sonoma a couple years ago and had to be taking out of service and and a replacement tractor found for each.

My point being we may not like how someone acquired there wealth in Drag Racing but NHRA needs all the Super Teams. With Out them there is no NHRA as we know NHRA.

I don’t want to put words in HEMI’s mouth, but I took him to mean that it’s a very rare to almost impossible feat to build the racing empire John Force has without another job or business supporting it.  (CelebrityNetWorth has him at 12 million dollars.) As low a salary as teachers get, Gary Densham had his teaching job to pay the mortgage but John made the girl’s lunch money from racing only. That’s somewhere between impressive to crazy.

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Teachers in western New York average 102 k in Niagara Falls. Lol.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

the eff-bombs were uncool. he should be fined for them.... especially if they were heard over the track PA system. NHRA boasts how they are family friendly.

edited August 5

yeah, thumbs down on those two I heard. If everything else was still there, including the "s" one at the end, that was funny... and perfect.

edited August 6

I look at it this way, if that language isn't tolerated here in the C+ forums that's, as far as I know, participated and viewed by adults only, it shouldn't be tolerated in front of cameras and or track PA systems.

Usually sports have a 5 second delay because they know this stuff happens. Like with NHRA and Force: This stuff definitely happens. But a delay (server) equipment cost money and I guess Glendora can save some pennies by just saying the same old line over and over on a mic.

Last time Jr was real happy about his Nascar win, & said “aw $hit” on live TV, Nascar fined him $10,000

John got the quite the potty mouth at the top end. Lol

• RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

It made the mainstream earlier.

But I was going to post the link on the Fox news website that I saw this morning but now I can't find it.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

Congats to the Force team, that was quite a day.

As for the f bombs, I say shame on the NHRA for that.

I mean it's John Force unfiltered. I could have told you that would happen last year for F's sake... ๐Ÿ˜€ They better than most know how he is.

I am not really a Force fan at all, but that was great to see, he has really paid his dues, worked harder than most anyone I can ever think of, made a living and built an empire and been a wildly successful champion.

Jumping into the stands to be with the fan's was a REALLY cool thing to see. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

I don’t know what they expect force to say after winning. Wild man on the loose.

I became a John Force fan after meeting him in 1978 when he was an absolute nobody. He impressed me with his work ethic and enthusiasm. He was absolutely filthy... no not that filthy, filthy from working his butt off on his car or trailer or truck or whatever needed working on. He also worked his butt off promoting himself, his Brut Force AA/FC and drag racing to anyone that would listen to him. He was just as "bigger than life" then as now.

That said, I've wish he had upped his game to eliminate the language that keeps him from being "Mom" approved. When my kids were little, I didn't want them hearing that and I'm sure he's lost some big deals in the past due to it alone. May very well lose a big deal or two right now due to this past Sunday's announcer required apologies.

Sure, NHRA should have the 5 sec delay working. But at the same time, after 40 years John Force should be way beyond the need for a 5 second delay. Even so, I"m glad he won his 150th and I still root for him when he pulls to the line most times. But then... my grandkids aren't in the room. (Grandma knows John Force too!)

As for the f bombs, I say shame on the NHRA for that.

NHRA?

I mean it's John Force unfiltered. I could have told you that would happen last year for F's sake... ๐Ÿ˜€ They better than most know how he is.

I can't remember him dropping eff nombs in the past. It's all on him to keep it clean. Maybe if he'd been fined in the past he'd learn to keep it clean. That and a few of hos sponsors expressing displeasure with it.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member
    edited August 6

Hemi, we will have to agree to disagree. They both certainly have a part in that. It IS NHRA's show and they determine what the content is. And I agree that John did not have to let the F-bombs fly. it is possible to convey the emotion in a family friendly way...

• Gen. DisarrayGen. Disarray Senior Member

I always enjoy a good F-bomb, like most real men . That's how Force talks , no filter , if you don't like it hide the women and children .

• I read an article this morning that said that since it was on FOX and not FS1, then there will most likely be fines. FCC fines FOX, FOX fines the NHRA, and NHRA fines Force. If he gets fines for all three words individually, then it amounts to $142,000. Should make HEMI happy

edited August 7

Just for the fact that there has been no news on this matter 4 days running, tells me something's not right or they don't want us to know about it. Announcer(s) laughing after the s-word, and not apologizing, doesn't help matters.

Since it aired on a national network, fines would have been swift... unless they were issued and we haven't heard about it. I guess Glendora doesn't have to make stuff like this public.

I remember Vandergriff getting fined right away in Atlanta (for getting out of the car) and he mentioned that the check was still not deposited, lol

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

Lohnes did apologize for it. He broke it at a point where Force was taking a breath and said they apologize for the language that was said.

I say NHRA cover the fines because NHRA is making a whole lot more than $142k on the publicity of John Force winning 150 races.

I think it's easy for everyone to say it's easy to not curse but not many people here have been in a similar situation.

Besides, if you want to hear Force mostly unfiltered, listen to Dale Jrs podcast episode with him. https://player.fm/series/the-dale-jr-download-dirty-mo-media/ep-254-the-john-force-jr-download

edited August 8

Yes, he said it after the f bombs, but not the s bomb. He just laughed. The video is posted above.

Yes, it is easy for them not to say it. How many people curse at the end of each race?

The Force girls are around him all the time. How many of them curse, even accidentally?

If he gets fines for all three words individually, then it amounts to $142,000. Should make HEMI happy

$142K seems a bit excessive to me. I think $10-15k would be more appropriate.

Is there a need for us to know about it? I wouldn't blame NHRA for being quiet about it except a brief "NHRA and John Force Racing apologoizes for ....... and measures have been ensure it doesn't happen again" on their soial media accounts and website. Then mayve during the next broadcast Force gives a 10 - 15 second heartfelt apology.

• ThecapnredfishThecapnredfish Senior Member

Maybe it was not the best way to cap off winning 150. My 12 year old daughter was watching and laughed her ass off. And she is a trouble free, honor roll all A student. Not to brag. That’s just to show what type of kid she is and still laughed at it. The stuff that is heard in middle school makes him sound like a poet. She also loved him going into the stands.

Its a decision all parents make. Some by teaching their kids behavior will help them live their lives acceptable with 99% of the population. Other parents either don’t care or don’t realize they are teaching their kids to accept behavior that 20 to 50% of the population will disagree with.

It is exactly why I respect certain opinions and just consider the source when other opinions are stated.

John Force is right on the edge with me. If a young new racer said that, he wouldn’t get a pass from me. Past History has value for John, but it’s not unlimited.

Glad he got the 150 win. Wish he had celebrated more 100% praise worthy.

(As a former VN Infantry Grunt that saw too much, I can/could out trash mouth him. I choose not to. Call me a wimp... I don’t give a...a.. flip.)

• TwostepTwostep Senior Member

Love Force to death and I respect beyond measure what he's done for drag racing. But loose cannon or otherwise, you simply can't say "F" on a family-friendly sporting event. A "damn", "hell", "ass" or even "effing" gets a pass; use them next time, brother J. That being said I think $142 grand is ridiculous. You hear that word all the time on network TV, admittedly after hours on talk shows, and nobody says boo about it.

He used to not do that at all, until he got old(er).

• AngusAngus Junior Member

Is this drag racing or effing water polo? Get over yourselves. There isn't a pit or workbench in North America where you won't hear the odd F-bomb. Everyone wants "John Force Unfiltered" and "Drag Racing Unfiltered" then they complain about not having a filter????? Should he be more careful? Sure. Is it a big deal? No. If cussing gets your panties in a bunch then I'm not sure how you learned anything about drag racing or automotive repairs....

If cussing gets your panties in a bunch then I'm not sure how you learned anything about drag racing or automotive repairs....

This isn't about us. It's about the kids of parents that don't want them exposed that level of profanity. You may raise your kids however you wish.... don't expect everyone else to do the same as you (as perfect as you may think you are). And the sport can't afford to say "If you don't want your kids exposed to profanity, don't bring to our events or or let them watch them on free over-the-air broadcast TV."

edited August 13

Ever since the introduction of the parabolic mic into pro sports, I would loved to have heard all the smack talk on the field an/or court, especially during the Jordan/Byrd/Johnson/Pistons era. Pay extra on another pay-per-view channel of course.

ยซ1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.