Electric Camaro

Electric Camaro

RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

No thanks.

Comments

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

I read about this car elsewhere. The neat thing is that the motors are can bolt right up to a turbo 350 / 400.

• A PooleA Poole Senior Member

A total waste of time and $$$$$$$. About as exciting as..............

• Ugly , awful looking car. Need to just discontinue these weak piles of.... Dont even make no power

9's is weak?

I spoke to a GM engineer yesterday at the Chevy display the 25th Woodward Dream Cruise. He says the say is coming they will have a complete like of "E-Crate" engines for all your resto-mod needs.

skip to 2:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-XOEo7QmU

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

I can appreciate the technology. However, the components of racing include sound. Taking away or diminishing the sound hasn't proved helpful so far. At least not in F1. I think its loss will be felt even more profoundly in drag racing applications. The kids still seem to be interested in the sound, even if its through crappy exhaust options. LOL

Not all forms of drag racing are about entertaining the masses.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

True that. But the money is hard to come by if it doesn't.

edited August 23

Well the majority of sportsman/bracket racers are already unsponsored. Plus. supposedly, the beauty of these things is going to be low maintenance costs. Only time will tell. The video of the eCopo running a 9 second run is pretty cool.

• McDowell RacingMcDowell Racing Junior Member

But they slow down after every run due to battery discharge!!

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

According to the article, it only needs 25 minutes between rounds to recharge. Might be a problem in the final of a bracket race but the eCopo wasn't built to bracket race and there are probably simple ways to overcome that too.

This reminds me of all the conversations I heard many times as a little kid about detergent oil. Many of the mechanics and knowledgeable car guys swore that using that junk would ruin your motor while others were swearing by it. Fact was that if you put detergent oil in a high mile and dirty, sludged up motor, it did ruin it. The detergent loosed up all the sludge which then clogged the oil returns and the oil filter. However, if you used detergent oil in a new or freshly rebuilt engine, it kept it clean and running longer. It took 2-3 years before most car guys finally figured out what was happening and realized detergent oil's benefits.

It will be interesting to see where electric car involvement in auto racing ends up. May be a good thing and may not. Problem is that a lot of what is said isn't based on fact. A lot of it depends on where the speaker makes his money. Course Wally Parks couldn't stand nitro... till his distaste for it hit him hard in the wallet. (I liked Wally Parks the few times I met him and I'm not trying to disrespect him here.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.