Smith Returns To Nitrous No 1 in Indy Pro Mod Qualifying

Smith Returns To Nitrous No 1 in Indy Pro Mod Qualifying

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

He's back........ hehe

Q#2

1   43 Rickie Smith, King NC, '18 Camaro               5.717  251.34  251.95

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

His complaining got himself right to the top and some.

• I have no respect for Rickie Smith. He cried until he got his way and now he has over 4 hundredths on the field after two sessions. What a joke!

I listened to the Wes buck interview. He is something else. Great drag racer. I just hope he loses this weekend

edited September 1

His complaining got him a 5.71? Hahahaha I guess I shoulda complained more myself. Does Rickie complain? Heck yeah, and so do the rest of them. Thing is, he can back it up. People say they love people who "tell it like it is" but what they really mean is they only love people WHO THEY LIKE telling it like it is. LOL Some of you need a little more faith in the blower teams. I don't see too many slouches over there. Rickie himself said he won't be the fastest or quickest. He's just been to Indy more than anyone. He's made more runs than anyone. Think about.

• If he had faith in his nitrous car he would have ran that combination the whole season but he switched to the turbo car and realized he couldn't win with that power adder. He wouldn't be number 1 of the rules changes hadn't occurred. They have gotten similar conditions at Indy as Gainesville when 60s were ran by the blower and turbo cars.

I never hear Mike Janis complain to the media about other power adders. Mike has run nitrous way before the blower. I don’t think Mike will ever switch over to the turbo combination.

I respect what smith has done as a drag racer.

edited September 2

I don't think they want to be in the 60's. If that happens you'd lose half the field. I think the main beef Rickie was making is that he got slapped with rule changes immediately while the blower cars get to leg it out longer before an adjustment is made and that can hurt car count. Look at the first round numbers. They're .015-.02 apart between the top four best runs. That would not be the case if you let the turbos and blowers run .60's. Can a nitrous car run in the .60's? One or two can but its not conducive to going rounds. Keep in mind qualifying is not entirely indicative of what you'll do to go rounds. Car count is king. Do you want 5-6 guys going .60's and maybe only one of them being a blower car and the rest turbos or do you want 25-30 cars spread out mainly in the 70's high 80's with all three power adders in the game? His comments may look self-serving but he's got the big picture in mind IMO.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.