Force, Football And Retirement Rant

Comments

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

John is running out of daughters to take the wheel. Robert Hight has a daughter who is too young yet.

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

I wish we didn't have to listen and watch the Force family being the focus of NHRA publicity. The Force girls whipping their hair around looking at a ground level camera is when I switch channels......

• TwostepTwostep Senior Member

Force is obviously still capable of driving the car but there has to be a time when the stress of what he does seriously starts affecting his health. He's high-stressed enough as it is.

• Eugene GrayEugene Gray Senior Member

I thought I had heard every excuse in the fan book of reasons to flip channels...but because a girl whipped her hair is a new one.😂

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

I thought Courtney did a nice job in front of the camera.

I am not exactly a fan of hers as a driver, but she was a lot more relaxed than after a run with the adrenaline flowing. As for John, well he has earned the right to do whatever he wants (within the rules)... He will know the right time to step away. Although training on not saying the 1st thing that comes to his mind after a run could be helpful. Like taking several deep breaths and calming down... 😀

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited September 10

*Like taking several deep breaths and calming down... *

Actually... I was right there at the scales after one of his record setting runs in Joliet several years ago. He was actually very calm aside from a few high 5's and fist bumps with a few people around him. Quite calm until..... the ESPN golf cart came rolling up a full 5 minues later. All of the sudden he was totally breathless like the recod he broke was for tunning a 100 yard dash. He knows how to play the cameras.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

*All of the sudden he was totally breathless like the recod he broke was for tunning a 100 yard dash. He knows how to play the cameras*

You know, l believe that...

He got where he is for a reason. 😁

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

I bet he can’t wait for Amanda to ask another marvelous question.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

He got where he is for a reason.

Yup. Knowing how to play the cameras and crowds. Same can be said for another guy we see in the news most every day.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited September 11

Get your sponsors car and driver in the spotlight any way you can as many times as you can. Pretty much job requirement #2. I think at this point if John were to be subdued most people would think he's ill. LOL

• TwostepTwostep Senior Member

A few years back, a pitside interview with Force had me convinced he was moments away from a stroke. Then we all watched as he struggled with controlling his car with laid-back headers. We've all heard rumors of this and that over the years. There's some bad and ugly mixed in with all the goodness of his 40+ year career. But one thing remains - John Force has done more to promote and excite the sport of drag racing more than any person who's ever made a pass down a drag strip, including every one of the old-school legends and pioneers. The sport we love will go on, just like it did when Garlits retired - but a really special piece of it will be missing once John finally steps away.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Well said, Two Step!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.