Dishnet and Sling Fox Sports Blackout

Dishnet and Sling Fox Sports Blackout

TwostepTwostep Senior Member

Millions of us subscribe to Dishnet, myself included, and FS1/FS2 and several other sports channels have been blacked out on Dish and Sling due to a rate dispute. Doesn't look like they'll be returning, either. Sling said they're dumping all of them - a group of Regional Sports Networks recently acquired by Sinclair Broadcasting - and recommended Dish do the same. And Dish's CEO Charlie Ergen indicated they were prepared to do exactly that.

So it's either switch cable providers - something I've considered anyway due to Dish's $140/month charges for two receivers, NO premium movies and NO PPV's - or subscribe to NHRA.TV. Who here has it; do you like it and how does it work? I'm not really familiar with live streaming although it doesn't sound all that difficult.

Comments

• RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

Getting the content I want has been a nightmare.

First, I had Spectrum (a.k.a. Time Warner) and finally got so fed up with their DVR I told them I was literally cutting the cable from my house.

Then I got DirecTV and all was good. Until about three months later when they dropped BeIn Sports, one of the few channels I actually want to watch. So I cut them off and went to Dish.

Now Dish is in a pi@@ing contest with FOX.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Sinclair S U C K S.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.