Dejoria to Return to NHRA Funny Car with New Team

Comments

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

What does this mean for Langdon?

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Great news!

• z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member

good to have another full time team. Hope Langdon isn't going away

• Great to hear Alexis will be back for the 2020 season. Looking forward to see who her sponsorship will include. I wonder if her husband Jesse James will still have a pretty active roll with the race to race duties.

• RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

Great news that someone is jumping in rather than leaving.

Any speculation on the primary sponsor?

• mossybackmossyback Senior Member

Indeed this is wonderful news! That they are going to be an independent team makes it even more outstanding, especially with Del Worsham and Nick Boninfante heading up the effort of these gnarly die hard racers!

• Michael J.Michael J. Junior Member

Doesn't sound like it will be a "Kalitta" team car

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited October 9

Any speculation on the primary sponsor?

Most likely.... Daddy, again. Probably won't be with patron though.... he sold out to Barcardi.

She must jave convinced Del and Nicky that she's in it for the long haul for them to quit Kalitta.

My guess is the team will operate out of the Worsham facility.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Big sticker or small, don't be surprised to see a "leaf" somewhere on the car from her business she got heavily involved in when she wasn't drivin'.

Nah, the other leaf that her and her husband invested into big time and are going global with it. Not for legal CBD, but for dispensaries in the legal states. She was on (I think) RFO radio several months ago and talked about what she was doing during her hiatus. Now that CBD is the big craze, they may have ventured into that as well.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Interesting. I found nothing on Google about that.

WFO Radio not RFO (still can't edit older post)

I did a quick search too and can't find it. It was definitely one of the drag radio shows before the forum was shut down and it was one of, if not the first interview after "retirement". I was going to post it, but I decided not to due to content. The interview is out there somewhere.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.