Outer Limits II RESCUED!

Outer Limits II RESCUED!

slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
edited November 2019 in Vintage & Nostalgia

From Justin T. Moses‎ on Front Engined Dragsters FB page:

"Finally went up last weekend and pick up the Outer Limits 2. 1600 miles round trip in two days, but man it was worth it. It's not bad for being in the trailer for 30+ years in the same spot in a field in northern Pennsylvania. I doubt it will be under it's own power, but we a planning on having it at the Hot Rod Reunion in KY this summer."

(Click on pics to enlarge)

Comments

• WillyWilly Administrator

Very cool....

I hope they leave the paint as is.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

They will. Also many comments for them to leave the outside trailer as is as well.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Very cool!

• Good lord i am in shock. Was part of the team of the Outer Limits cars with Pete and Annie Mckeown , we where just like family back in those days. I've lost track of Annie, but i know Pete is retired and down in Florida. Just for a little info, she is a Woody car but im sure you knew that. 392 iron hemi direct drive. Hays 3 disk clutch. The best time i can remember it ran was in the 6.80s. . Holy smokes i wondered what ever happened to her...dam. It looks just like the last time i saw the girl. Just for a little info, they bought the car from Larry Bucher and Joe Pollack from Linden NJ around 1972, after the original car was destroyed during a run at E-Town. John Pasik from Roselle Park ( S&J Auto) did the trick paint work. I remember spending time there helping to tape out for him during the painting. We also had the canard wings installed right after the car was completed. Some of the drivers where Bruce Pillar , Roger Toth, Eddie Fox, Phil Mckeown, Bobby Toth. I myself made some license runs in it also, but was not able to complete. Roger did a wheel stand with it during qualifying at the 1973 Summernationals. Stood her right up. As a running gag we had OOPS!! painted on the floor panel underneath the cockpit. Wonder if its still there...lol. god lord spent so many hours with that car. I'm floored to see her again. We ran it briefly if i remeber on alcohol while we where setting up the rear engine car replacement. We all loved that car and hated to see it go, but it was sold in around 1975. The trailer if i remember was the old Hemi Hunter trailer we bought from Roger Toth. Well i am ecstatic it survived and i hope nothing but the best to the owners. Good Luck !!!!!

• I just found a newspaper article about this car, from the 11/21/1973 Asbury Park Evening News. email me oldsranch at gmail.com and I can get it to you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.