Several New Safety Changes Coming to NHRA Pro Mod

Comments

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Everyone one of the changes are no-brainers. It blows me away ANY P/M racer wouldn't already have a fresh air system. The ones that haven't had one will wonder when they never had one before ones they experience having one.... especially the alcohol cars. Most alcohol F/C's have had them for 15+ years. Having said that, the rules should be phased in. Charlotte 1 is 5 weeks after the Gators. That should be sufficient to get it all done by.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited December 2019

I thought Freeman's comments were off base. These changes were a long time coming and their car is far from the only turbo car to catch fire. The updates are a good move and if you're going to grandfather existing cars in then giving teams a little more time is reasonable.

I also think implementing regular "blind fold" test checks on existing licensed drivers is a good idea. Many have not done one for years.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited December 2019

I'm not sure if I understood the whole grandfathering thing.

Years ago the monster truck guys tested drivers or exiting the trucks, but it wasn't a blindfold test. This was around the same time they came out with the remote control shut offs. Not sure what they're doing now. They had to prove they could escape in X amount of seconds... I think it was 15. ANY exit test/requirement would be better than what I've seen in all of drag racing so far.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.