Corona virus and NHRA events - Page 4

Corona virus and NHRA events

Comments

• a21studa21stud Senior Member

Whoops! Zooming in on the picture, the date on that big check says 3/14/20.

This was before the serious shutdown by 1 day if I remember correctly. Doesn’t mean their girlfriends mother won’t take a hit but who knew?

No foul and hopefully no harm.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Good catch, Article is dated 20/23/20 soooo..... .

I did see the banner in the background is 2019 though!

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

But then, with that behavior, they would consider it a positive thing as the wife and/or girlfriend gets their inheritance sooner.

Okay, I'm trying reeaaaaaly hard not to comment on this one. a21. LOL We'll see if I can hold out.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

(Shhh! She’s taking the bait. 😈 )

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

NASCAR orders pay cuts for employees of the racing series

By JENNA FRYER 19 hrs ago

"The memo said series executives, including the presidents of NASCAR-owned tracks, will see a 25% reduction in salary, while all other employees will have their salary reduced by 20%. Budget expenses and capital improvements have also been frozen, and employees were told to use one week of vacation over the next five weeks."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-orders-pay-cuts-for-employees-of-the-racing-series/ar-BB11EErB?ocid=spartanntp

orrrrrrr.......... just lay them off and let them collect unemployment while continuing their health insurance.

He said that before discovering the date on the check. Give him credit for being the only one here to take the time to zoom in to see it... then make us aware of it.

edited March 25

Ah... HEMI, I don't think the date has anything to do with her complaint. (Big Grin here)

Might have had something to do with the "wife and/or girlfriend thing... Right Yvonne?

Or was it just the missing out on the inheritance? (Hold your ears HEMI.)

• alkysbcalkysbc Senior Member

So this situation has reduced the number of events, and eliminated the points reset. I feel for the venues that lost races, but can honestly say I’m glad to see the lack of reset after Indy.

• luxexpressluxexpress Senior Member

too bad for us east coast fans. Looks like Maple Grove is a two day events. I hope it doesn't rain for a change.

edited March 25

Reading. September 11, 12, 13.

Ahhh! Mello Yellow 2 day, Lucas classes 3 day. You are right. Rain and this could get ugly.

Two day nitro race does reduce the Sunday first round loser’s on track costs 40%. 1 Pass Sunday, 2 Saturday minus the normal 2 Friday passes.

• WillyWilly Administrator

Recall I made this statement yesterday....

"Trust me when I say this. The drag racing community will not be left out of the ranks of those stricken."

Here you go....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/editorials/bobby-bennett-go-ahead-and-think-youre-invincible

Bobby Bennett is one of a small group of people that I’ve wanted to meet in person at the track some time.

Also glad I haven’t accomplished that in the last month or so which also means that I still have a chance to do so.

Hang in there BB and know we have you, your family and friends are on our prayer list.

Yeah and relooking at the date, that was the same weekend the Gators got postponed...... so those racers should have known better.

edited March 26

Dang Bobby! So glad you made it through this! Hope you get back to 100% real soon. This had to be horrifying for your family too. WOW!

My motto to life has always been - What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

You must feel like you're Superman now!

You guys make me laugh out loud! Too funny! Got my eye on you.....Hahaha

Looks like the monster trucks are done for the year:

Since we're only about 4.5 weeks away from May, looks like that month is not looking good for sports and motorsports. With 3+ million entering the unemployment ranks this past week, I don't think the public will be spending their $1,200 on stuff like this for a while, especially in May.

edited March 28

Josh Hart, a TechNet sponsored Top Alcohol Dragster driver and soon-to-be Top Fuel Dragster pilot with Bob Vandergriff Racing, and his wife Brittanie have suspended their pay in order to pay his entire team members at Josh Hart Fearless Racing and Burnyzz Speed Shop until the end of the coronavirus pandemic shutdown. I wish we can see more articles from the NHRA "teams" at this point in time. Are they also this generous?

Josh Hart, Wife suspends pay in order to pay their team members

Anthony Caruso III on March 27, 2020

https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2020/03/27/josh-hart-wife-suspends-pay-order-pay-their-team-members/?fbclid=IwAR09khKuEqu5qAjp99_dotN_maOc8OrkTfn8DdNOrHSLq1jD9_-KDCJashQ

I was told nobody is allowed into their race shops in Indiana. I'd guess all team members are basically told to sit at home and wait it out.

edited March 28

Automotive repair shops in Florida are considered essential and ok to be open. Auto Parts stores too. (Maybe not in Miami.)

If Indy is like that, they could just sell a couple old blowers and rod sets while replacing wiper blades on someone's car, then they should be good to work on their stuff. Everybody just stay 6 feet apart and wash your hands like your momma said all those years ago.

Me? I'm very fortunate in that I've a lot of sq. footage to ramble around in and my two daughters apparently don't want their inheritance yet. Ah... I guess my wife is keeping the boys away... The girls leave our food orders on the bench and back way off before we go retrieve it. My wife is paranoid so she even throws away the grocery bags stuff comes in. And so far my wife and I are still talking.... so far....

I am concerned about you young folks and how the maternity wards are going to handle that many births over Christmas weeks. 🐇🐇

^ or the older folk divorces when they suddenly find out they can't handle 8 more hours a day of each other... lol

edited March 28

Is there a way to buy stock in divorce lawyer's businesses? That should become a booming business just like maternity doctors. I guess if any business doesn't need an infusion of money, it would be divorce lawyers... or lawyers involved in inheritance lawsuits. Stay low. 👀

• JeffinNYJeffinNY Senior Member

I just hope my employer is flexible about changing vacations around when this is over. I had originally requested and got Memorial Day week to go to Richmond, but that race is gone. Although this may finally be the year we get to go to Indy, assuming this revised schedule stands. Thankfully, I'm considered "essential" so I'm still working.

I think if nothing changed on the schedule, it would be Indy.

edited March 30

Nuts! Plus 30 more days! With the President stating his hope of opening businesses back up by Easter but now adding 30 more days, this is obviously still a very serious issue.

Yes, I would really like to hit the track with my son again or even just have current racing results to debate here.

But I’m good with doing everything I’m told to do and anything that I can to help everybody along with my family and friends stay healthy and... alive.

Stay safe.

edited April 1

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is ordering all Floridians to stay at home beginning at 12:01 a.m. Friday, a decision that came after mounting pressure from health officials to lock down the state.

It expires April 30.

NHRA returns, in Gainesville, 35 days later.

… good luck.

Just watched most of the Presidents daily corona update and he was asked about when stadiums/arenas (sports) can get back to "normal".

The only month he mentioned was August. Of course not long ago he said he would like to get everybody back in Church by Easter and that aint happnin'... but I didn't hear June or July.

edited April 7

News this morning that the PGA wants to start in Sept. MLB wants to start NEXT MONTH.

… but with no spectators and in the spring training stadiums. The first game in Phoenix.

Come on MLB! We need you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.