I WOULDN'T COUNT ON BIR THIS YEAR....

I WOULDN'T COUNT ON BIR THIS YEAR....

SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
edited May 23 in General discussion

Minnesota canceled The State Fair for the first time since 1940s Polo scare.

I spent my first 27 years in MN. The fair is huge for MN. Hard to imagine BIR will be able to a race with fans.

Summer vacation, BIR, and The Fair before school started. Tons of memories growing up. Crown Auto Funny Car event, divisional and regional events with the pros, and then the Nationals.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

The state fair is at the end of August and The Lucas Oil Nat's is the middle of August... ouch.

• gainesfangainesfan Member

I had a thought several weeks ago that the NHRA season could start at Indy. Seattle and Brainerd starting to look really iffy although Denver could still happen as Colorado is starting to open up.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

I'm not holding my breath for any NHRA national event, especially if they or the venues insist on being able to have 100% spectator attendance,

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited May 24

Opening versus having sporting events with a large number of fans is two completely different things.

The MWPM race in Tulsa had packed stands. This weekend race in Huntsville has packed stands. The Dallas race today had very few fans.

I'm starting to think that NHRA has not released the official schedule because 8 races are in states that will be hard to have spectators at this year. California, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, Minnesota, Illinois...

It would be interesting if a board member has knowledge of the break even spectator number for each event. If a race historical has 60,000 paid fans for the event and the break even number is X, is there any chance that the race will be allowed to have X number of fans to break even? If the break even point can not be reached, then it makes no sense to race.

If anyone has been paying attention to the talk about the NBA and MLB bubble city proposals, the NhRA already has it. Almost all the nitro teams are within miles of an NHRA owned track in Indy. Indiana is about to enter Phase 3 opening. Has NHRA talked to the nitro teams about what they both could do to have a "race" of some type in Indy? Anyone talking to sponsors and Fox TV? Would the nitro racers pay to play?

Terry Haddock has run his TF and FC today in Dallas. Anyone know about any private nitro testing going on?

• Guy didn't play Blue Angel, either. I'd have been SO hyped if it did.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited May 24

Texas is the test. We'll see where their infection/death numbers are in the next 2-4 weeks. There will be celebration or will there be regret. Fingers crossed, it's not the latter.

If we were talking about Florida here, we might never know the truthful numbers. Their sec. of health had set up what was touted as the most transparent informational website with a great "dashboard". She was fired a week or two ago and within days of that, the site "crashed" and all the data was "lost".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.