I WOULDN'T COUNT ON JOLIET OR ST. LOUIS THIS YEAR....

I WOULDN'T COUNT ON JOLIET OR ST. LOUIS THIS YEAR....

SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

PGA just cancelled the John Deer Classic. The event was to take place in early July.

"Illinois is limiting gatherings to 50 people, which led to the cancelation. The tournament was the fifth one on the PGA Tour's revised schedule."

"We have a small clubhouse, small parking lot. It's very difficult to get everything established from a social distancing standpoint, including locker rooms and everything else," Peterson told ESPN. "So when all those things come into play, whatever version of the tournament we put on, we wouldn't be able to pull off with fans part of it. And that's a money-losing proposition."

I hope I'm wrong.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.