NHRA Set To Return Indy in July or Seattle in August

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Glendora had all this time to make the announcement and the announcement was that it's postponed until Tuesday?

What are they waiting for this weekend? The suits to come back from vacation?

• kb301kb301 Senior Member
    edited May 30

Indiana is going to allow the Brickyard 400 to have fans on July 4th weekends up to 75% of capacity. I wonder if they will let fans in to the race at Indy given this latest development.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

My guess is they're waiting for word from various states and local communities.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Then instead of today, the states have one extra day to provide whatever info Glendora is waiting on because I doubt the government working this weekend, especially with the riots going on.

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited May 30

The problem is that 8 races are in states that do not seems to want to go back to normal life. If all the races were in staes like TX, IN, FL, AZ, the Carolinas, OK, the schedule starting in August would be out.

When your dealing with states like IL, MN, CA, WA, CO, NV, the likelihood of having enough spectators to break even is going to be hard even with the races starting in August.

Indiana seems way ahead in getting back to normal life. The Texas governor said that we could see Texas stadiums with 25% of its capacity with spectators in the next few months. If TX only sees 25% spectators at events, what will the above states that don't want to go back to normal life allow?

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

That would be 2 days. The abbouncement was supposed to be Thursday, now it's Tuesday. I'm guessing at least one of them said "give us till Monday or Tuesday".

• I've got $10 that says WA Governor Jay-Bird will not allow any big crowd sports until Seahawk time when it will be ok. (Hint: Seahawk time is election time...)

Any takers?

• Toldjaso... Any takers on the Seahawk opening at election time???

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.