NHRA Mello Yello Series Returns July Indy!

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Back to back races at Indy! Great news for the teams!!

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

Well now we have plan.....

If CA will not allow the Finals, will Vegas be the last event?

Why St. Louis and not Chicago? They are run in the same state. Did the governor give the NHRA the go ahead in one location and not the other?

Why only 2 Pro qualifying shots? 3 would make Saturday fantastic. They could run one either for early arrivals or one for people who like to watch racing without the blazing sun all day.

If they keep the 2 qualifying shots on Saturday, why not run Round 1 at prime time? 3 rounds on Sunday would make the event about 3 to 3 and half hours. Much like football.

Why not try running the nitro car split in between the other pro classes. Run TF, then PM, FC, PS, PSB... or something...

If the schedule as presented goes off as is, I will be a lottery winner. I have to compliment NHRA on putting out an bold schedule, but I would like to have seen some more out of the box thinking.

• z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member

my boss told me years ago: You got to have a plan so you can change it. NHRA has a plan.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited June 4

If they keep the 2 qualifying shots on Saturday, why not run Round 1 at prime time? 3 rounds on Sunday

Nobody would come on Sunday.

I agree. Pro Mod runs their first round on Saturday and its kinda... not great. I get it why they do it but......

• Just saw the racing schedule for July 11-12 on NHRA.com. Eliminations way different than a normal event. Nitro eliminations on Sunday start at 9am and event is finished by 2:30.

Not sure it's worth the drive there even if I can come up with tix.

• kb301kb301 Senior Member

I have tickets for both races in July in Indy. Looks like it will be a early rise each morning.

edited June 23

NHRA site says:

"The two-day events taking place July 11-12 and July 18-19 will allow a limited number of spectators each day and the way in will be invite-only to NHRA Members and 2020 Denso Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals ticket holders. 

If you are a Member or ticket holder, please call 800-884-6472 to reserve your spot and be the first to feel the nitro as the series returns to action in July."

Anybody get tickets that way?

• kb301kb301 Senior Member

I revieved an email from the NHRA with a link to purchase tickets.

• I got tickets for the first event by calling the phone number and being on hold a long time. Shortly after I finished ordering, I got the email from NHRA to order tickets!

edited June 24

Thanks for the info guys! Not sure why I didn't get the email as I am a member...

Still trying. Anybody willing to pm me the email link?

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited June 27

New Air Force 1 wrap from Winters Racing LLC

Is that still the Andy McCoy car with removable body?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.