TF Round 1, TJ Zizzo vs Cory Mac

TF Round 1, TJ Zizzo vs Cory Mac

WillyWilly Administrator

"A starter commands the starting line—period. The starter is God up there. And if I don’t see the starter and I don’t see his eyes, I don’t know what’s going on. He is my boss at the starting line. And that’s what we need as racers."

NHRA hasn't had a chief starter since Mike Gittings.....

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nhra/a33294907/nhras-zizzo-finds-patience-is-virtue/

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

RIP Buster

• z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member

if Corey knew the car wouldn't go he should have shut it off and got out.

• While NHRA may not have had an official Chief Starter since Mike Gittings, my impression is that Brad Hardy has been the starter for the Pro Categories for all races in 2019 and 2020. How much power he has relative to the tower is beyond my pay grade. Certainly appears less than Buster, Rick Stewart or Mark Lyle had.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited July 14

No one guilty person/party in this. TJ and or js CC made the decision to make a full pass. Heck, he could have took the green then idled just past the start line and shut off to take the same win he took with a cooked blower. They were the ones that chose to gamble their equipment on getting lane choice for then next round (which they probably got because the engine leaned out), nobody else. They're lucky in was only the blower and not a complete engine.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Lane choice?

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited July 14

Yes. I'm not sure if they got it or not, but besides getting data, what else was the point of making the full pass? Yeah it was wrong that they had to make the choice, but they made the choice to take the risk they took.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.