2021 NHRA Schedule?

2021 NHRA Schedule?

SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

Any guess when it will be released?

Obviously, they have there hands full with 2020, but you have to believe that someone is working on it or at least thinking about it.

Will there be a major adjustments to the schedule, especially with the early season races when the Virus or a new one is primed to return or develop. Will some tracks drop out or be dropped for direct or indirect financial reasons?

Comments

• Bill03EBill03E Senior Member

It normally gets announced U.S. Nationals week.

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member

May dad said the same thing last night. The schedule has been released before Indy for years.

I do remember the "old" days when it was released at indy, along with the new sponsors for the following year. Those days appear to be long gone.

I still remember getting the daily ND at the US Nationals in 1988-1990. I thought that was the coolest thing and differentiate the US Nationals from the other events.

• Bill03EBill03E Senior Member

They have been releasing it on media day down town Indy on Wednesday of the U.S. Nationals for the last couple of years.

• The last two years NHRA released the schedule early:

2019 schedule released 7/25/18

2020 schedule released 5/14/19

It's anyone's guess as to when the 2021 schedule might be released.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Well, now that California is headlining the national news today as passing NY with the most cases (and we're already 5 months in this mess), I'm guessing 4 weeks before Winternat's starts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.