Force Parks For 2020 Plans For Next Year

Comments

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited July 31

What a shame, grew up with watching the NHRA and now four teams are out. I see John not driving as well if he comes back.

• Leaves a lot of room for the local racers, who can only compete maybe once per year...they may be able to run 2 or 3 next year.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited August 1

Before they stopped, Force was #3 and Brittany was #2.

We're 5 months in and this corona crap is not easing up. It will still be with us 5 more months from now, so he may do some serious rethinking of a new plan of attack during the "off" season since I bet most of his 4 crews need to work (and get paid) now.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

even IF a vaccine is developed by November, this will still be with us well beyond 5 months from now.

… yep. This story aint over. The way he clamped down the media and Glendora these last few months only to just now officially release the obvious, I don't expect any more news from this camp until they show up somewhere.

Their operations have changed when it comes to his (decades long) fans, so we will change as well, just like they did on TV:

If they show up in 2021... ok.

If not... ok. We'll continue to pretend he never existed. Don't even put him in the booth (or anywhere) either.

• kb301kb301 Senior Member

Yeah, many Dr's are hopeful it will be ready by October. High risk people are first and the rest fall into line. Best case sceanrio is next spring things hopefully will return to the new normal, whatever that looks like.

• goatboy1965goatboy1965 Junior Member

Do you mean not driving "well" or not driving at all? If he comes back I think he will definitely be driving maybe just not as well as when he was 71!

• spectator_guyspectator_guy Senior Member

Well at least we know for sure now!

the way the season is shaping up, with event cancellations, indefinite postponements, plus some teams standing down, it is going to be more of an exhibition tour than a full blown championship season.

still I am glad there is some racing...!

edited August 1

I think they mean "ready" as in them having nailed down the formula and it being ready to start producing it. Keep in mind the world needs 7 BILLION doses, the US being 300 million of them. And I hope they make it free to those that can't afford it otherwise a lot of people won't take it. There's going to be plenty of anti-vaxers as it is.

If they show up in 2021... ok.

If not... ok. We'll continue to pretend he never existed. Don't even put him in the booth (or anywhere) either.

Yup. I found it interesting how even here on CompPlus, the long awaited JFR announcement never made it to the top of the "Breaking News" list and as of now, is at the bottom of 1st page of it.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited August 1

I wish JFR would've been more proactive during this entire ordeal. He (and his drivers) could've been a visible personality to boost up morale. In the article he thanks NHRA and the teams for keeping the sport alive when he could've helped as well. Staying silent didn't serve his teams, the sport or his sponsors IMO.

Its ironic that in the past some complained he was getting too much air time and attention. Now that we needed his exuberance and vitality the most, he chose to clam up. There is a happy medium ground that could/should be in play here.

I'll add along with HotRod's comment that I mentioned before as well this does give smaller teams a chance to run and that' IS what's happening. I know two drivers who are making the jump to the Big Show and its exciting!! There's still money to race out there and its like I always say...... racers will find a way to race. :)

• What "IF" we (The fans) don't miss him ? The NHRA world has NOT come to a stop since.

edited August 1

^5 to all that. When the sport needed him most, he was mute.

But then, I was never thrilled with him being an unofficial spokesman for NHRA anyway so.... meh.

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

Exactly!!!! Now maybe they will interview and give smaller teams some air time. I wont miss seeing the force girls flipping their hair around on tv. Force is not the king of nhra, just another racer who has done well thru hard work and big sponsor $$$$$ I personally dont miss him flapping his gums trying to make stuff up as he talks.

• The JFR story was posted as top news, and as news generated, it cycled down. It was not done as anything purposeful.

The man has given his heart and soul to this sport. If you cannot see the contributions he's made to the sport, then I have to say that's pretty narrow minded.

John Force is and has been good for this sport. I for one, will miss him being out there.

He's paid his dues, from being broke to being broken, and really doesn't owe anybody an explanation. If you're a fan, a true fan, you understand why.

• edited August 2

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Force is NHRA just like Earnhardt senior was to NASCAR.

Ever try to walk past his trailers at an event.

Can you imagine if Ferrari or Mercedes didn't show up for Formula One racing and said nothing??

You don't become a pillar of the sport by being silent. Especially, in John's case. LOL You can't really blame the fans (true or not) for asking ..... WTHeck?

edited August 2

Haha okay. Never said you had to agree Senior Member.

• Fish220srFish220sr Senior Member
    edited August 2

Super Moderator this quote by Bobby is in line with how I feel. The Formula One Teams started much Higher on the Hog than John Force.

I'm glad you agree with Bobby. And I wasn't comparing financials.

You'll notice I post under my real name, Yvonne. Not super moderator ;)

• I believe you are mistaken, you cannot say anything in this day and age without criticism. So you better make sure what you say is your final comment.

Yvonne , your proper posting name will be used in any of my future comments .Formula One Racing reminds me of the Elite of the Elite.(Apologies to Richard Freeman,et al.) Does not jibe with my image of the John Force story. And rognelson77 your comment is unfortunately true.Times are fairly unprecedented in the world today.People seem to be getting a little jumpier everyday. Here is hoping for brighter times .

Times, they are a changin' for this team, including his fan base. Some old diehards still defend his stance by saying he earned his stripes and he can do what he wants, he doesn't have to talk to anybody. Being MIA, being silent... That's not the John that I know.

Once every week or two Jim Kramer posts a video on FB, sitting behind their dining room table, for less than 10 minutes talking about the iconic moments he and Bob Chandler had with Bigfoot in those early years. There's a win-win idea for ya John.

edited August 3

Susan Wade's commentary on the matter. Only half relevant. The rest is about NHRA's future schedule:

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/editorials/susan-wade-forces-statement-triggers-questions-about-nhras-intentions

"We will continue to support all our sponsors, doing their promotions as planned and stay relevant on social media for the fans."

... crickets...

They're barely on social media to begin with (like a pic of him wearing a mask next to his dog) and they don't interact with their fans or even liking peoplee's posts (Hell I got a like from Kalitta's CC on a post I made on FB once). I doubt they personally post anything and their pr dept. rarely post anything and then they forget it.

Like I should do and the media/tv have already done, forget him and move on... and from along time fan since the 80's, that's what I'll do too.

After 5 months, looks like that's what he wants as well.

RIP (relax in peace) John

edited August 3

Fish, The last few times I’ve mentioned F1 it ruffles feathers. I’m not sure why because there are many examples of self-made men there too. Enzo Ferrari’s grandfather was a grocer. His father made metal parts out of their home. They had a family carpentry business that failed so he started out test driving for a company that made cars out of truck bodies. Not exactly teeming with high glamour. And I too am hoping for brighter times.

Rognelson, every time I post I steel myself for backlash LOL and I'm usually not even that controversial. I'd rather speak up and take the heat than remain dormant. Besides, good discussion is what the forums are for. :)

Back to the Force topic. Going forward my hope is that the team will be more active in the media for a sport that needs all the positive help it can get. I include ALL teams in that as well because we need them all.   Slug, its possible they've furloughed their PR person and just aren't keeping up with social media and other press opportunities. But I maintain the feeling that its a missed chance to bond with fans during this crisis we're all suffering through.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

Yvonne, I don't quite get the backlash, perhap some people don't like strong women. I have always found your posting relevant and knowledgeable.

Just my opinion guys...

And if JFR did furlough their PR person, a good opportunity for someone to volunteer and get a foot in the door on a top team if you have the skills.

That counts me out... 😁

edited August 3

Like I said earlier, they were barely on social media before all this started. They don't engage with their fans on there at all (or liking posts). Never did. Never will.

Supercar Blondie gets 10's of thousands of likes for every post they make and it's daily. Same with Esther the Wonder Pig. Not because they post iconic pics or video's every day, but because THEY engage with their fans in the comments... and their fans will never have the chance to see them in person.

We are all on social media in some form. It's not that hard. If Jim Kramer can do it from his cheap dining room table, so can John from his ivory tower throne.

https://www.facebook.com/jimkramerbigfoot/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.