World Champs? nah

World Champs? nah

Im sure many will disagree with me here....Unless a motorsport series competes in other countries and has racers from all over the world [not just a couple] one cant be a world champ. If the very first word in the series is National, that narrows it down pretty good. F1, MotoGP, WSBK champs can declare they are world champs. 🤔

Comments

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

uh oh. you just stepped in the same pile I stepped a few years ago.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

I agree with You V10. I said the same thing off and on over the last decade. I also took issue with "world records" set in test sessions in Dubai.

• DynoGrumpDynoGrump Senior Member

the term is practically incorrect but technically, the term is correct. despite all the races being held in the United States, national events are open to anyone from anywhere. World champs should not apply to Baseball or football as it is a closed competition

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

I originally had a link posted but it didnt attach.I knew when I hit the post button I should have kept my piehole shut hahaha. While I agree "we" do have the best racers, we cant say World champs. Its like an Australian Rules Football champ cant be world champs s:ince they only play in Australia. Back when I watched nfl, when my hometown Saints won the superbowl, I pissed everyone off when I declared they are not world champs. This link kinda explains it. Sorry if it ruffles some feathers, Im a nut about small things like this..😁

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2008/nov/18/american-sports-nfl-nba-mlb

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.