Tami Bandimere Talks Lawsuit Track Has Filed

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

“There's been other things that have gone on around town,” Tami said. “And when we address that with them... Oh, the City of Lakewood has a Lakewood Concert Series at the parks, a six or seven concert series. And when I sent the Facebook posting to them, I said, ‘We tried to have a drive-in movie and they denied it. And yet you're allowing this?’ And their excuse was, ‘We didn't know this what's happening...

“So that's the thing that's frustrating is that, why are we being targeted? And yet we've been here how many years? 

Yep, the continued double standard in all states is I think the biggest valid beef here!!

• oliveroliver Senior Member

what a misleading title.

Here is the only mention of the Bandimere’s lawsuit in that big word salad of gibberish from Tami Bandimere:

“What was really interesting is that two days later, so that was on a Tuesday, on Thursday the County hit us with a lawsuit saying that we had violated the restrictions and the mandates and that kind of thing. And we actually countered with a lawsuit that we had ready to go anyway,” Tami said. “We were just waiting for the right time. We've been sitting on it for a while and just waiting for the right time to basically pull the trigger.”

Tami said their countersuit was against Colorado Governor Jared Polis, the State Health Department and Dr. Mark Johnson and the Jefferson County Health Department. 

Ms. Bandimere doesn’t mention anything about the grounds or rationale for their lawsuit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

There’s plenty on the County’s lawsuit though:

Tami said the track received requirements from Jefferson County to follow for the rally.

The restrictions Bandimere Speedway must adhere to are as follows:

1) Bandimere Speedway cannot host an event in excess of 175 attendees

2) Cannot host an activity that doesn’t allow 6 feet of social distancing among non-family members

3) Cannot hold an event that serves food under the state’s restaurant guidelines

The Sept. 1 rally didn’t go unnoticed by the Jefferson County Health Department.

“We had a real good group of people,” Tami said. “The county did say to us, they sent us the requirements, restrictions, and said, ‘Make sure we follow that.’ Well, you can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. And so, we had signs, and we had things, ‘Please social distance. Please wear your mask.’ But if people decide that they're not going to, we can't go around and police it the whole night.”

According to Tami, the rally drew anywhere from 4,000 to 5,000 people.

So let’s get this straight. The county lays out the requirements the track has to follow. Then the track ignores the 1st requirement by not closing the gates at the attendance limit, which of course means they are instantly in violation of the 2nd requirement & not to mention their total disregard for common safety protocol enforcement.

they get no sympathy from me. Businesses of all types have to follow all sorts of rules regulations and laws, make ya wonder what else they’re ignoring outside of covid related ones

• RVT1000RVT1000 Senior Member

So if the #1 requirement was "All track leadership must stand on their heads and pi** purple" you would be bashing them for not complying?

I think the core of the track's argument is that much of this is unreasonable, unnecessary, and inconsistent from industry to industry.

That this all is "the new normal" is a crock and if people don't start pushing back it will never get better.

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Last sentence says it all for me RVT. Agree

• alkysbcalkysbc Senior Member
    edited September 11

I can see both sides. While inconsistency is frustrating, continuing to violate the regs for their area isn't helping their case with the powers that be. Should they roll over, no, should they do more to shed light on their situation, yes, but poking the bear may not be thier best course of action. What is unfortunate is their location. When built, they were a "long" way outside of Denver, but as that area continues to expand, more and more housing developments are knocking on their door. Large money investors wanting to build housing nearby are likely who cried foul when their first covid era event was flagged. Why didn't the outdoor concerts get in trouble... nobody complained. There has been real estate pressure on Bandimere for a decade or more, and while we know it makes no sense to build next to racetracks, airports, military bases, etc. developers only see $$$. If the Denver Metro area is anything like my area, large scale developers typically have elected officials in their back pocket to help with their permitting, zoning, etc. If I was eyeing the property, I would be pushing this issue hard in public, which seems to be the case here. Each time I visit the event there, I am amazed at how much closer the urban sprawl has crept to "The Mountain". While I hope for many more seasons at Bandimere Speedway, I sadly foresee it eventually being swallowed up by houses and mini malls.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Ms. Bandimere doesn’t mention anything about the grounds or rationale for their lawsuit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Those were my thoughts exactly.

So let’s get this straight. The county lays out the requirements the track has to follow. Then the track ignores the 1st requirement by not closing the gates at the attendance limit, which of course means they are instantly in violation of the 2nd requirement & not to mention their total disregard for common safety protocol enforcement.

Yup.

they get no sympathy from me. Businesses of all types have to follow all sorts of rules regulations and laws, make ya wonder what else they’re ignoring outside of covid related ones

None from me either. They disregarded the guidelines once... got spanked for it...... then went and ignored them again, potentially putting peoples lives and health at risk, not just the attendees but people the attendees interacted after the event.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited September 11

That this all is "the new normal" is a crock and if people don't start pushing back it will never get better.

The only push-back that will work is in the courts and voting booth.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.