Ford Cobra Jet Absence US Nationals Explained

Comments

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

Dang Yvonne* we must have been posting at the same time.

• V10KLZZ71SV10KLZZ71S Senior Member

NHRA has been pro gm for a very long time. I fully agree with Holbrook. If the camaros were winning, nothing would be done. Fact!! NHRA is going down the crapper very quickly. Prime time to start a new series

• I didn't see in the article what is changed to achieve "parity".

Do they add weight or what?

• The only time I've seen "parity" work was old school Pro Stock Motorcycle where Byron Hines would get weight added and he'd just go build a different manufacturer's bike and still dominate. By really showed it was the tuner, not the manufacturer.

• NHRA by their own admission want to keep the cars slow, 7.90 to 8.00. Are they trying to keep these cars from taking over Pro Stock, trying to keep the SS/AH cars relevent, what gives? In the end they will all just leave for other associations that let them go as fast as they can go. By the taik about prize money, that won't be a factor in keeping them. Question will be "what do the manufacturers want to do?"

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

What does it take to get the certification down to 7.0 or so? Or is that where a funny car cage is needed?

At 3550lbs, they're never going to overtake Pro Stock, especially with a 9" tire.

It will be very curious to see how the new Challenger competes with everyone. The LS is going to get left behind. Did they ever fix the head breaking issue or was the fix for that to slow them a bit?

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

What does it take to get the certification down to 7.0 or so?

I don't know

Or is that where a funny car cage is needed?

They've already got them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.