NHRA takes National Dragster monthly

NHRA takes National Dragster monthly

oliveroliver Senior Member

From weekly to twice a month to once a month. No change in membership fee. For now, but it has gone up a few times while you get less.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2021/nd-issue01

Comments

• When written papers go through these changes its very simple...No advertising $$$ coming in,!

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

I bet to further reduce costs, they'll reduce the size to a magazine... another outdated media format.

If it's once a month, will it at least now be all in color to show off the photogs nice work?

• kb301kb301 Senior Member

The quality of the magizne is much improved. All the pages are glossy (yes, in color) and the cover is thicker.

• The quality is way more professional. Looks like a totally different magazine.

• z28camaroz28camaro Senior Member

a sign of the times. Printing, postage, and paper costs keep rising. One local paper here went full digital a couple of years ago.

• ThundercatThundercat Senior Member

I sure wish they would make it available to people who don’t need to have a full membership to NHRA. It is costly when you just want a subscription for the magazine especially now that it is monthly publication.

• I wonder if they have ever considered putting there magazine in a place like Walmart. I'm not sure how good it would sell but it would get more people to look at it. Especially now that it's a much better quality.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited February 4

They'd want $12.00.

• and what happens to the 11 copies left over after the month ends (out of 12 )?

• ThundercatThundercat Senior Member

I am not sure who NHRA sees as their targeted audience for National Dragster. Evidently it is only paying members rather potential new fans or participants. If our favorite sport is to grow and stay strong it needs as much visibility and publicity as possible. I became a fan at an early age by reading magazines and watching very, very limited TV exposure. You would think NHRA would be looking for and inventing as many ways as possible to showcase the sport and the accomplishments of its members and advertisers. I hope they recognize the missed opportunities by not making it more readily available.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.