Southern Nationals race weekend moved to April 30-May 2

Southern Nationals race weekend moved to April 30-May 2

Comments

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

“We believe the new dates will allow for more of our loyal Atlanta-based fans to attend the event.”

Actually less. I was going to go and have to schedule time off in advance, now they move it.

...count this Atlanta-based fan out from attending the last race in Atlanta. 🤬

• Have to think more changes are coming. With this change it leaves a big gap between Gainesville and Pomona. If you assume Pomona doesn't happen, then there is a bigger gap between Gainesville and Vegas. Plus, teams would be going Gainesville-Vegas-Atlanta which makes no sense. I'm wondering if they may do more than one event in Vegas if Pomona is cancelled/postponed.

• nitrofannitrofan Junior Member

I was looking at the NHRA calendar that is in the latest issue of National Dragster. I noticed two things on the calendar.

The April Pomona Winternationals are listed on April 9-11 but it also says dates TBD.

The May Spring nationals in Houston are not listed on May 21-23 but instead Oct 15-17. Not sure if this is a typo because I have not seen anything stating that the Houston event has changed dates.

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited February 13

If they race extra in Vegas, they could do 2 races over 4 days for the pros and 1 race for the sportsman throughout the 4 days. 1st race Thursday and Friday, and the 2nd race, Saturday and Sunday. 2 or 3 qualifying shots on day one and eliminations on day two. They could sell a super ticket for both races, 2 day passes for each race, and single day tickets or they could let us with 4 wide tickets in for free.

The above would make up for PHX and Pomona.

The good news is that Vegas should be at least 50% by mid April. The track sounds confident that the March NASCAR race will have fans and that would only be at 35%.

The October calendar for Vegas says "National Championship"....

Maybe they just transferred last years October info into this year's.

• nitrofannitrofan Junior Member

That is exactly what I was thinking, that it was a mix up from October 2020 calendar to the October 2021 calendar.

The national championships on the October calendar are referring to the Summit E.T. Series National Championship which will be held in conjunction with the 2021 Dodge Nationals in Las Vegas.

So it appears the only error was listing the Houston national event in October 2021 instead of May 2021.

• GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member

If I was a betting man (actually I am) I give Pomona "Winternationals" a 20% chance of happening. Our Governor is a whack job and still a control freak.

• I think you are a bit optimistic! Agree with you on Newsom.

Looks like the March NASCAR race at Vegas will only be at 20% occupancy. 50% for the April 4 - wide race may be optimistic. I guess mass gatherings have a different formula than other businesses. Only time will tell.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.