Rickie Smith to run both Nitrous and Procharged combinations in 2021 season

Rickie Smith to run both Nitrous and Procharged combinations in 2021 season

Comments

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited March 4

Will see where he is with both. Like his attitude. He gets so damn emotional when they interview him.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member
    edited March 4

when it was 90 degrees, humid really bad, that should have been nitrous weather. I should've been able to qualify number one.

...and if he doesn't... somethings wrong huh?

Guess what Ricky... if you do go away... not everyone will miss you.

• cow10r1cow10r1 Senior Member

I thought I read he was going to Elite MotorSports with Alex Laughlin and Lyle Barnett. Not sure if i can post a link so just search.

I’ve heard him many times and he sounds like a broken record. I respect what he has accomplished.

I repect him too, but unless he's either qualifying 1st, winning races or taking the championship.... the rules are stacked against him.

• ricki should just run pro nitrous in PDRA. No rules arguement, everybody plays the same. oh thats right, he would have no excuses then. i think he complained about the rules when he won the world championship

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited March 9

I personally don't think he cares much for 1/8 mile racing. You have to remember that most of us who run 1/4 mile think 1/8 is "testing". LOL I can promise you when he shows up and runs 1/8 he is 100% in test mode for something else.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Also note that in years passed, the cubic inch limit was greater in PDRA than in NHRA for nitrous cars so there are/were rule differences.

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

Not the situation here, but didn't Scotty Cannon have both cars in the trailer and he ran what the weather dictated way back when?

Makes a bunch of sense to me, if the budget and rules allow it.

Nitrous could be interesting this year with Barker running. He's got Jackson in his corner and Jackson has been highly competitive in RvW with nitrous.

I'd laugh if Barker started kicking Smith's a$$.

I was around when Cannon had the blower and never saw another car in a trailer when he ran IHRA pro mod in the mid 90’s.

Jackson struggled and smith out makes me happy at the Gators.

I've been waiting for Smith to say Barker and Jackson HAD to be cheating.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.