The Pesz-Nesloney Pro Mod crash on Saturday

The Pesz-Nesloney Pro Mod crash on Saturday

WillyWilly Administrator
edited March 14 in NHRA

PESZ, NESLONEY WALK AWAY FROM FIERY PRO MOD CRASH | Competition Plus

"Well, that was a complete demonstration of how to drive like an idiot, take out two bad-ass hot rods," Pesz told NHRA.tv's Amanda Busek. "Just got out of the groove. I just got done telling Jeff it's a little bit pulling by the wall, so if you get by the walls lift. And I did totally exactly the opposite of what I told him to do. That's all I got."

And there you have it....

Comments

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

How many times did Cannon, Jenkins or Hahn pile up cars I ask.

• mossybackmossyback Senior Member

If any at all, it was very rare. But the Pro-Mod's of today are wicked animals of another variety; however, your point is well taken.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

First NHRA event for Nesloney, I feel bad for the guy.

So he has pay for the damage to his car right?

I'm sure he'll be paying for a whole new car. I haven't seen pictures but I seriously doubt the car was NOT demolished completely.

Y, Brandon pesz the driver pays right?

• I’ve always wondered this too, in an incident like this, would the driver who collided with the other driver pay for damages to the car in the other lane out of Their own pocket? What if it is a different scenario like chutes getting tangled or some kind of mechanical failure that ends up involving both cars?

Well no its not a given that the other driver would pay. In most cases, they won't. When you drive onto the track surface you are accepting whatever outcome could happen. I have seen a few rare instances when a responsible driver gave money to another to help with a rebuild.

Personally, I would because I couldn't stomach not helping if I had made a major error.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

"I can't afford to pay the other car because I sank all my money on mine."

And you can’t bump them like NASCAR for being a moron.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

I have seen a few rare instances when a responsible driver gave money to another to help with a rebuild.

John Force helped out Jim head after their fiasco.

edited March 17

Yes he did, Hemi!

Some insight here is that track prep and a driver's previous experience go hand in hand. NHRA preps a narrow groove. PDRA and some of the other events will spray from wall to wall. That type of prep can create overconfidence. Going back and forth between events can offer opportunities to get different seat experiences under your belt. It can also cause a driver to forget the difference between a calculated solid risk and an action that will bite hard.  This type of mistake has happened to others and drivers have to stay vigilant in their decision-making to avoid incident.

• Good stuff especially about the track prep. Thanks for the answers Everyone.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

bottom line.... if you don't want to run the risk of your car being destroyed and or be injured (or worse) at the fault of someone else.... don't race. Though I do feel tracks should be held liable forms of negligence.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.