Rumor: Winternationals postponed

Rumor: Winternationals postponed

Comments

• It's more than a rumor... Leah Pruett posted on Instagram the letter NHRA sent out stating that the race has been postponed to a date that will be determined.

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member
    edited March 16

It's confirmed on NHRA FB page.

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member

Why now. Idiot Newsom got to go. Former resident of Southern California

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

pandemic ain't done yet and it's not Newsom's fault. I'd rather explain postponed events than more deaths and and long hauls.

edited March 17

I should have said potential deaths and laong haulers. It's now been reported the Brazilian variant has showed up in California... and right now Brazil cases and deaths are at record highs.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=covid+brazil

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited March 19

After a look at the race schedule, this race is going to be hard to reschedule. I can see only 2 possibilities:

1) The weekend before Denver or after Seattle. If they race the weekend before, they will race 4 weekends in row. If they race after Seattle, they would race 6 weeks in a row.

2) At the end of the season with Pomona, Vegas, Pomona to close out the year.

I don't see #2 happening. The most likely scenario would be the weekend prior to Denver. At this time, the likelihood of them racing at any of the western swing races is tenuous. I can see Sonoma happening based on the email I got about the NASCAR race. If some of the races cannot go off, the schedule becomes less hectic.

• Given how things are in Washington, I would think Seattle is a big question mark although a lot can happen between now and the end of July.

• Most Big Stadiums in So.Cal. (Dodgers/Angels/etc.) Are allowing limited people back into the stadiums starting May 1st. I knew Pomona would miss that cut. Also "Very Hot" during the western swing down here. (Compared to Northern Ca.) at that time of year. (90s 100 + Daily). Bakersfield will be packed ! But as of now you have to buy a Four day pass to spectate. That equals a hotel or drive back and forth. Most people go Fri. or Sat. As much as I love NITRO I would have to think about shelling out $125 + on a ticket I wouldn't fully use. Not a bad value as far as ticket price. BUT ???

• SWPMFANSWPMFAN Senior Member
    edited March 20

I think NHRA had known for months that Pomona was going to have to be canceled, but they were holding out hope for the 1% chance that it would not. They knew this race is a scheduling nightmare because of the logistics of the schedule and having the finals at the same track. The only real option is during the heat of summer.

I watched the NHRA 50TH Nationals and the announcers said it was hot. A guy in the blog said it was still hot after the sun went down. On a side note, there were a lot of ghosts now and people racing who left the sport a long time ago and that race is only 20 years old.

Is that $125 ticket for the May March meet?

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Seattle Mariners opening up to 25% fans April 1. It will increase soon for sure. The National event will happen. You cannot pinch off the flow of money into your state forever.

• Yes $125 for the Four days. ( Thurs. thru Sun.) March meet in May. I was at the 50th. Yes it was hot. But not as hot as the GoodGuys Nationals they used to run in July. It would get so hot that you couldn't sit comfortably in the aluminum stands. most people left. They only did that a few times.

• GolfRacerGolfRacer Senior Member

I was at Sonoma yesterday for a track day. I asked management about July NHRA and they just said "we're in contact with officials daily" I think that means State officials. They were careful in what they said. Right now the NASCAR race is limited to 5000!!! fans. 5000 spread out over a lot of acres.

when is the NASCAR race>

• 25000 in stands at Gainesville last week, no damn masks. CA sure could learn from Southern States and governors.

we'll know the truth to that in a few weeks. we'll see how inviting spring breakers work out for them... and all the places they go back home too. I'm not saying there WILL be a resurgence.... just saying it's too early to know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.