Despite Rumors Salinas To Add Four More Cars

Comments

• oddyhahnoddyhahn Senior Member
    edited September 13

What business is he in? Metal recycling. Didn’t know that business brings that kinda money to run professionally. Wow.

• I think it's a lot more than that. I recall hearing that his company is the one that demolished Candlestick Park in San Francisco.

• Tim CharletTim Charlet Senior Member

If you need to hire someone to demolish a property - Mike and his wife Monica own a business that covers - EVERYTHING.

Demolition - YUP

Clean-Up - YUP

Recycling - YUP

Hauling Everything Off Site - YUP

Port-a-Johns - YUP

....and even more....

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

By only having "Scrappers" on the side of his TF car instead of something like "Knuckle Sandwich II", is the whole thing a tax write-off these days?

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

No. To my understanding, he can write off the initial cost of putting the name on the car and that's about it. The IRS is well aware of the difference between a business and a hobby. Mike isn't doing this as a business. He can probably claim some "entertaining" expenses say for the hospitality tent etc if he brings in actual business clients. But again, I'm pretty sure you have to be very careful about what you're attempting to claim under the racing category. Very profitable companies would be careful about attracting extra IRS attention IMO. You can't claim everything as an "advertising" cost. But there are probably others on here that know more about this, perhaps they'll chime in too.

• alkysbcalkysbc Senior Member

Would hate to see the Alan Johnson rumor be true, but wouldn't be surprised at all if Connie was looking for new tuning talent in his top fuel teams. The funny car is holding its own, but the dragsters are really struggling.

• HEMI_guyHEMI_guy Senior Member

Only for a fairly limited time unless the the racer's company is at least somewhat racing related.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.