Steve Johnson Crew Chief Ervin Recovering From Shooting Accident

Steve Johnson Crew Chief Ervin Recovering From Shooting Accident

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

Glad it wasn't worse. I'm guessing he was holding the weapon while sleeping. Not a good idea.

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

Holy shit!

Glad he is ok.

If he was holding and sleeping, good thing he wasn't being buzzed by a mosquito... 😳

• dan__olsondan__olson Junior Member

If this isn't the stupidest excuse for negligence I have ever read, I don't know what is. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• I've never met the guy, he seems nice but he seems very troubled. Hes had some bad luck over the last 2 years. This isnt bad luck. Trouble finds those who seek it.

• Steve Johnson Racing-

Jock update #2: Jock says he has numbness in his leg now. I’m thinking the bullet running by all his nerves created lots of trama to them. The doctor told him to start putting pressure on his leg. 🤔🤷‍♂️ The doctor did move his appointment up one day... to today. So we are waiting for his newest report. Please stay tuned.

• Jock update #3 Jock’s appointment was yesterday around 3 o’clock and JaQuis went with him. Basically I think more medicine and some physical therapy will get him back as soon as possible. From what I gather the doctor says he should fully recover. However in the short term we still have some hurdles. We’ve all seen a spiderweb. You know when you put your hand through it it breaks it in half. Now imagine many layers or even branches of nerve endings in his leg... and the bullet pass by breaking branches left and right. A little more to the point, the bullet damaged some tissue and hit a branch of the perineal nerve that’s causing numbness. Jock is taking some new medicine, an antibiotic 4 times a day. Then he is going to start a warm water soak with epsom salt. The hope is the feeling in his leg comes back in 6 months to a year. Jock is also going to start putting pressure on his leg when using his crutches. The rehabilitation sounds fairly simple. The short term goal is to be back at Bristol, but not lifting anything. Thanks for keeping up with him.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.