How Bobby Lagana's Crash 22 years Ago Laid Foundation For Dom

Comments

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator

I'd like to hear how Ritchie Crampton is doing...?

• I would too, but if they wont take calls or return, what are we to do?

• FootbrakeFootbrake Senior Member

We can speculate... :)

But in all seriousness, I would like to hear as well.

• Based off of Richie's Instagram hes doing great. Building hot rods at indy speed shop (the shop he owns) and working with Jonnie Lindberg building race cars.

• Yvonne*Yvonne* Super Moderator
    edited September 29

:( Darn, well hopefully we're hear from him soon.

And thanks to AOR for that info.

• NHRA did a video on Richie in August. He just got done with Jasmine Salinas's top alcohol car. He said hes not actively pursuing a ride but if one comes up he would take it. Said he wants to race a nitro funny car one day.

• racer12306racer12306 Senior Member

I was at NYIRP (now Empire Dragway) when this crash occurred. I was 13. It was a pretty wild experience from the spectator perspective, can't begin to imagine going through it. That track is one of the longest tracks out there and the sand trap was merely a suggestion for a weekly bracket car, let alone a TF dragster without any chutes that had only stopped accelerating 1500' before.

Am I reading it right that Richie was there, or just that it was something he saw after the fact?

To me it always seemed like this was one of the most severe crashes that was never talked about. I know it was an era before the instant sharing took over, but it was at a national event, albeit IHRA.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.