WIP: 1:16 scale '68 Mustang Pro Mod - Page 2

WIP: 1:16 scale '68 Mustang Pro Mod

2»

Comments

• hakkfanhakkfan Member
    edited July 2012
    While I was painting parts for other projects, I decided to get some paint on a few things for this car. Both the Lenco and the MW rear end are from TDR, shot with Alcad. I usually mix my own to get the color I'm after. The Lenco also has a few RB Motion bolts added. Lots more to do on it.

The four link plates were custom machined by a good friend. He did a fantastic job, and I can't thank him enough! The end bells were ones I machined before for my Daytona. Once I got those all together, I soldered up the lower wheelie bar and added RB rod ends to it.

P7032035z-vi.jpg

P7032038z-vi.jpg

P7032039z-vi.jpg

P7032041z-vi.jpg
  • hakkfanhakkfan Member
    edited July 2012
    P7032037z-vi.jpg

I've also finally got the front strut towers on. Now I need to add the lower link mounts and my chassis will be pretty much done.

P7032043z-vi.jpg

P7032042z-vi.jpg

P7032044z-vi.jpg

Back to work!
    Clay
  • hakkfanhakkfan Member
    edited August 2012
    Finally got a little time this week to get the chassis painted and cleared.

I mixed a bunch of different dark gray metallics, and silvers together to make sure I had enough to cover the whole chassis. I went for a color a little lighter than I would normally use to try and get close to the color R2B2 powder coats their chassis with. Once the paint was dry, I gave it a good even coat of PPG 2 part clear. I need to go back and touch up the left door pad, then I can get to assembling some stuff on it.

P8032111z-vi.jpg

P8032112z-vi.jpg

P8032113z-vi.jpg

You can see the 3D decals still showed up under the paint and clear. I think they worked pretty good!

P8032110z-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking...
    Clay
  • shaketown daveshaketown dave Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    looks great clay.thanks for sharing
  • Billy WBilly W Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    you ever use Alclad paints for metals?.... ran across them the other day... pretty good looking paints...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.