hey does any one know why some of the nhra transporter photos are not available any more thanks

hey does any one know why some of the nhra transporter photos are not available any more thanks

trent paintertrent painter Member
edited September 2019 in General discussion

Comments

• Tim CharletTim Charlet Senior Member

The old forum is dead - from what I understand. Time to build another one...have fun

• you too tim have a good night

• WillyWilly Administrator
    edited September 2019

Trent Painter asks, "does any one know why some of the nhra transporter photos are not available any more?"

The reason is many of those external image links are no longer valid. This is for several reasons, including the person that originally posted them at places such as imgur, tiny pics, photobucket may have deleted them, and that renders the link broken, or invalid.

The only thing related to this question and the old forum is we no longer have user galleries, which were located in profiles. If forum users utilized that feature, then shared those photos through a forum generated url in individual threads, they will no longer appear as those image url's no longer exist.

All old threads and every comment carried over. The difference is the naming convention of the thread (and comment) url. Meaning if you are in an old topic, and a comment has a link to another, it will show as "not found". The reality is it's there. Use the search feature using the most appropriate keyword and it will come up.

Also.... we still allow only one account per user. Pick one Trent.....

• slugbelchslugbelch Senior Member

Tiny Pic (owned by Photobucket) informed me they were shutting down.

Wish I can edit the old thread by uploading the pics on CP's server.

May start a new thread during the offseason.

• WillyWilly Administrator
    edited September 2019

slugbelch said: "Tiny Pic (owned by Photobucket) informed me they were shutting down."

That's another reason the images have disappeared then. When a file sharing service ceases to exist, everything posted is gone....

Also, "Wish I can edit the old thread by uploading the pics on CP's server."

I've added changes to the edit tool to my Things To Do List...

For reference, in the old format we had an infinite amount of time to edit (and delete) our own posts. In the new, 1 hour. Also in the old, there was a six hour window to edit without it being noted at the bottom of the post.

I'll see what options are available and make changes that make sense. 

• i use https://imgur.com to upload my pictures it helps a lot

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.